Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Taste Test

We at Chez-GromenButler have a fondness for chocolate.  And Kent is partial to getting his daily allowance in the form of chocolate soy drinks.  So whenever he goes shopping with me, he grabs a hermetically sealed container of the stuff.  However, we don't get it often enough to see which chocolate drink we like the best.  Bring in the taste test.  We chose Vitasoy and Silk brands for the taste test, merely because Kent has always been a fan of the Vitasoy, but we use the Silk plain variety for our cereal, so we know it's good as well.  

Results:

Vitasoy.  Smooth, creamy texture.  Freeze it and you have ice cream it's so smooth.
Silk.  A bit on the grainy side but has a better chocolate taste.  mmmm chocolate.  

The thing is that if you were to drink these by themselves they would be very good.  But drinking them side by side, you notice that Silk is less smooth and that Vitasoy is less chocolatey.  But if I had to choose, I go for the chocolate... Silk wins by a nose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had either, but I would always go with more chocolatey:)

kara said...

Silk has always been my choco drink of choice!!