Thursday, September 24, 2009

Getting things done

Busy week so far.

We put down pink foam insulation and wood strips in preparation for laying the floor.

Below is a picture of Kenny Meeks, the guy who milled the flooring for us. He also sold us the flooring for the upstairs. Meeks lumber is located on the Athens/Meigs County border. It's a pretty neat setup if you ever want to check out a lumber mill. 


We got the floor down in two days with the help of Piper and his amazing hammer contraption. I can't explain it and if I get a photo I'll post. Let's just say that this floor went down waaaayyyyyy quicker than the upstairs. Now we just need to sand and polyurethane. 


The electricity has been hooked up. Woo hoo! Now we have pick out lighting fixtures. That is a pain. I am growing to hate deciding on design features. Maybe because they all cost money. And I am a cheapskate.


The brick wall behind the woodstove is finished. (Okay, that was done last week.)




No comments: