Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Update

We have been neglecting our blog as of late. I guess I haven't found anything worth writing about. We've been moving along into the new year and getting used to new roles and responsibilities.

We did get a load of snow last week and had the opportunity to go sledding. Our neighbor Tony joined us for some fun on the hills near our house. The ground was so frozen that the runner sleds just sailed. The first hill we hit had a street and some parked cars at the bottom which meant we had to bail and stop the sleds before we hit any of it. The second hill was near the Fire station and we figured if we needed help it was a shout away. However, this was the tamest of all the hills we hit that night. It was a gentle slope that leveled out to a flat area where we could let the sleds come to a natural rest. The last hill was dark and steep. I went down first and hit some unexpected dips and jumps. Luckily I am close to the ground and the snow was soft. I wiped out before I even reached the bottom, climbed back up and decided it was too dark to try again. I run by the hill all the time and as I ran by this morning and looked at the hill much closer. Before, I always thought that it was an even slope going down coming to rest near the entrance of the bike path. A few trees to watch out for, but not very dangerous. In the morning light I could see the many dips and drops that I felt on the sled. Now I know it's not something you should try in the dark, but maybe during the day...

No comments: