Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Circus time

The Golden Dragon Acrobats came to town last night. This was a performance of majestical feats of contortion, balance, and most of all strength.

There was the spinning plates routine, balance on the stack of chairs routine, (that they had to do in front of the stage since the stage wasn't tall enough. Carol and I sat in the second row so these guys were right in front of us. I could feel the guys sweat. Okay, not reall
and my favorite (also new to me) was the spinning wheel routine. The acrobats would get in these human sized hamster wheels (for lack of a better description). But these hamster wheels were not attached to anything. So they rolled around in all different sizes of these things, one, two, or three people to a wheel. Fascinating. Plus the music was techno-ish and the blacklights were used.
Overall it was a very exciting performance for us Athens Countians. We need some good clean entertainment occasionally.


2 comments:

Owen said...

Hey, did you see my daughter there? She went with her Grampa.

Kent and Lori said...

I did not see Miss Chloe there. I hope she enjoyed the show. It was quite entertaining.