Friday, March 20, 2009

The quarter is over...

Spring is here... and it is time to get busy on the house. 

I finished up my exams this week so I am free until September. So expect more updates. At least I hope to post more. One downfall, our little camera broke (Jeff, maybe you can look at it when you're home) so we only have the big dslr. It takes great photos, don't get me wrong, but it has many professional settings and sometimes I forget to put it on auto mode. Then photos come back out of focus and I don't realize it until I download it, blah blah blah. I came to rely on the dummy mode of point and shoot. One setting, no thinking. 

Also, spring means garden time and I already have my peas, lettuces, and kale in. Apparently, you're supposed to put in potatoes on St. Patty's day. But that may have to wait. I need to get the onions in too. This weekend we are working with our neighbors to establish a joint garden between our homes. More and more people are getting into the "victory garden" mode. I've just always been too cheap to pay for something I enjoy growing. The only thing I consistently buy is carrots because I can't grow those suckers in my lousy clay soil. Maybe in a few years after a bed is established with tons of compost. 

Other announcements, Kent's sister had a baby girl on Tuesday. So congratulations goes out to her and Ethan! In other news, I got a GA position at OU in the office of sustainability. This means I get a tuition waiver and stipend for the year. I will have to leave Hillel though, since I won't be able to work 2 20 hour a week jobs and go to school full time. I am not that ambitious. So starting next year, I will be a student again. Oh boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll fix your camera!! Or make it worse....