Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mid-August update


Hello - Kent here...

We continue to tackle the building process, one board at a time.  Sometimes, it is one nail at a time, or one cut at a time.  

I think about the house project often, and want to tackle new, daily projects....however, life often dictates the tempo.  I am not always able to give the house the attention I would like too.... For example,  today, I had good intentions to leave work a little early, and jump into finishing up the drywall.  We  are preparing for Brian, the dry-wall finisher, to work on the upstairs bedrooms tomorrow.  However, at work A few things were out of my hands today, of which I had to address.  Thus postponing my departure from work.   I did manage to get home in time to work for a couple of hours before my 5:30 meeting of the Athens Municipal Arts Commission (AMAC) meeting.  

The house is looking more and more like a house, as my neighbor Jim C. has been known to say recently.  

Here are some more pics of the place.  In this picture you can see that we have introduced some organic curves to the place, to help break up the linear aspect.  We installed or cut out an arched doorway, along with an arched inset, which will either be a bookshelf / art display.





ps Lori had a new idea for a blog...titled "You always do this to me..."

Here are a few examples of this mythical blog:
A) You always forget to re-insert the flash-card into the camera after you are done downloading the pictures....as I helplessly and ineffectively attempt to take pictures.

B) You always lose your wallet or keys and I have to help you retrace your steps to find them.

C) You always move by stuff...around the house,  and I can't find it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you all get a lot done this week end. I know it's got to be hot and tiring. It looks great!
Mom

Unknown said...

Love the arch ways guys. They are very cool. Keep up the good work and thanks for updating!