Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Much ado...

Hi there. It is 8 o clock and it's still 90 degrees out. I am sitting outside because it somehow feels cooler than the 88 degree house. Yes, our house is 88 degrees. Except for the bedroom which is cooled by the AC. Yes,we have AC in the bedroom. I finally broke down yesterday and put Rick's old unit in our bedroom window. I'd like to say it helped me sleep better, but the truth is I woke up with an earache. Could be a coincidence. We'll see tonight.

As I said, I am sitting outside on our patio. The "Athens Brick" patio lovingly installed by Kent. With help from Nick. I don't think I did a lick of work on the project. That's how it goes. Anyway, I am sitting out on my patio and I can hear the sounds of the Athens County fair. Tonight's featured event: the tractor pull. Exciting. Although, I can't hear the tractor so much as the announcer who sounds like a southeast Ohio male version of the teacher from the Charlie Brown cartoons. This is still better than last night, which was a country music band. I could hear them like they were on the radio in my neighbors house. Now, we are not that close to the fairgrounds, so I can't imagine being down there. Maybe I am just getting old, but that reminds me that I better bring earplugs to the uptown music fest this weekend.

Stay cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was hot in Vermont for one day in July. We melted on our top floor. We actually camped in the living room one night. We could have used the AC for that week, but otherwise it has been beautiful. Not Italy beautiful. But nice.

Earplugs save lives but Robot Chicken improves lives:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vwnpozWU5M

i thought you would like this as soon as i saw it.

hope to see you in Chicago. i realized that at Boston, the tournament itself isn't the greatest place to catch up, especially as a captain of a struggling team- i am always trying to look out for them. Anyway maybe I'll see you out there.

d