Thursday, October 18, 2007

Inside view of new window

We just finished the inside of the window, so I wanted to post some shots of that process.

After taking out the window, Danny cut a bigger hole to accomodate the new window.

Danny built the window frame in his woodshop and then brought it over to our house. I helped him put the frame and window glass in place and secure it all together.

That was the end of Danny's help, as we decided to finish the project ourselves. We repainted the wall with some leftover paint from Angel's own home updates. I really like the green, or maybe it's just the fact that it look new. We also had to jimmyrig the paneling as there wasn't alot for it to be secured to. It's amazing what plaster and spray foam can do.

Now we have a beautiful view as we eat dinner. And I can watch out for those pesky deer. If only hunting were legal in the city limits...

3 comments:

Jeff Gromen said...

I don't understand where this window is in your house. I thought I did but now I'm not sure. The table was on the other side of the house away from the driveway. This window is on the side of the house towards the driveway, Si?

Owen said...

As a constituent I'm aghast at your disgraceful anti-deer stance. I'm 100% pro-deer and I vote pro-deer!

Kent and Lori said...

Owen-I will ship all our deer to your property, okay?

Jeff-The window is in the middle room. THere used to be a big bookshelf to the left and an air conditioner in the window. The table has always been in this room, we just moved it next to the window.