Friday, March 14, 2008

Here we go bobcats, here we go...

Or not.

The OU men's basketball team finished its season last night with a loss to Miami in the quarterfinals of the MAC tournament.    

I could say I am disappointed, but the truth is, I am becoming less and less an  OU men's bball fan as the years go by.  I see the same thing every year. Talented young men come to Ohio.  They show promise in their first year.  But I don't see improvement as the years go on.  I call this bad coaching.  

O'Shea has never impressed me.  I admit, it may be easy for me to judge watching from the sidelines, so I will try to refrain from making unfounded accusation.  But I will say that when I watch winning coaches on TV (because not many winning coaches come to the Convo) they show emotion.  They get behind their players.  I see one emotion from O'Shea, fear.  I think players can read that and don't perform when their coach looks worried all the time.  

Also, I have never seen OU run a good offense.  Too much standing, too many lazy passes.  And we haven't had a reliable shooter since Esterkamp.  Oh Estee, where art thou now? 

I will say that OU does play good defense.  It keeps them in games.  I like these young kids.  Tillman, Hester, Bert.  But again, will they get better? 

O'Shea's contract is up in two years.  We'll see if OU keeps with the status quo or not.  I know what I would do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roomus- Are you turning this into a sports blog? Your comments on TOS are spot on. He's had the talent to win at least two MAC Championships over the past few years. The players don't seem to develop. I went the OU/Temple game in Philly earlier this year saw the same things you did. I liked their team a lot, but the year was just too inconsistent. TOS must go, and Larry Hunter should have never been let go.