Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olympic Musings

I have watched a bit of the Olympics this year, mostly online. In fact I am watchng the US women play Brazil in Soccer as I write this. So if there are misspellings, obad grammar, blame it on my lack of concentration. The women aren't as clean as he men in their passing, but they don't have all the diving and injury faking. Go figure. Although, the men's final with Brazil and Argentina wasn't a very good game at all. I wasn't impressed with any of the olympic games. The Eurocup was much better.

Last night we watched Ping Pong. Now that was intense. We saw HongKong vs Singapore and USA vs Korea. Both games were women. These players utilized spins like noone I've ever seen before. The most interesting part was that the players had to chase their own balls. No ball boys for them. The players were more connected because they had to give the ball to the other player if it was her serve.

Let's see I also watched a tiny bit of women's volleball and track and field. Both exciting. They great thing about watching online is no commercials and it's all condensed.

Twenty six minutes into the game and still no score. Not even any good chances. This Ithink bad throw ins for soccer are like traveling calls in basketball. It happens all the time but the refs never call it but it happens all the time.

Well, that's enough for today. I could have a running commentary on this game, but since you aren't watching it too, it wouldn't make sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sunday morning I watched the men's volleyball and basketball finals. That was fun! Getting up at 8:00 AM on Sunday wasn't but at least I saw it live!!