Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Happy

This past weekend we traveled to Cincinnati to partake in the festivities to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. It was a milestone birthday as she turned 69 for the 21st time. (That's how the Sicilians don't age, they stay a certain age for decades. For example, I am 29 (for the 7 th time this May and my Mom is still 49)

This is Nonn, in the middle, with her sisters. Yes, they are all the same height. It's required in the Sicilian lineage that you be 5 foot even.


My uncle hosted in his beautiful new house, where his wife, Ruth, and my Mom fed us wonderfully. (Momma Mia, those Italians can cook) There were relatives present that I hadn't seen in decades, as well as my own dear brothers that I don't see very ofter either. The weather cooperated to allow all to venture outside and play in the sun. We even threw some frisbee.


Uncle Joe and Rex yuckin' it up on the deck.



Aren't these kids adorable. Gotta love those who love the sweets. I was eyeing that cake too. However, I don't remember what happened to the strawberries on top. No bother, it was some damn good cake. mmmmm cake.



Jeffo and Momma.



Laura and Ryan. Is Ryan eating one of the mysteriously missing strawberries???


Other birthdays to note in April include, Kent, Rex, Oscar, Korpi, Stacey, and half of Nonna's sisters. Happy Birthday to you all!!

Though the best babies are born in May.

No comments: