Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Random thoughts and photos


Fondu is Fun...just ask LORI!!!!!


Random thoughts....

Hello. Kent here.

Fondu is fun, yet quite strange. Lori and I had the good fortune of spending time with old college friends Angel and Ben and their children, while in Columbus recently. Fondu was on the menu for desert!!! How delightful! The anticipation and suspense is the best part....well, rather the 2nd best part. Thinking of the many different choices and options of edible food that can be "fondu'ed" is tantalizing. It is very American. So Manifest Destiny....

*** ***
The other day I went for a run on the bike trail in Athens, Ohio, where we live. It was fairly cold, probably mid 20's. During my run, I ran past the "Dog Park", which is a designated, fenced in area for pet owners to allow their dogs to run free and experience socialization with other dogs. (I have yet to see any cats playing in the dog park...)

As I ran past the dog park, I witnessed a sight that led me to laugh. All of the humans, or pet owners, were standing around in the frigin cold weather, while their dogs frolicked, played and danced around the silly humans. It cracked me up. The pet owners appeared cold and not moving, standing in packs of 2 or 3, about a dozen in all. Meanwhile, their dogs are lovin life. Who's in charge here?.....

**** ****
I saw a photo in the paper of a Boa-constricter snake that had been discovered frozen in a Cincinnati ? park. The snake appeared to be about 6-8 feet long. A park ranger was holding it up for the photo. I felt bad for the snake that wasnt smart enough to fly south for the winter. ... or at least to burrow into the ground deep enough to hybernate. Although, our weather in Ohio has been pretty goofy this winter....with days in the 50's & 60's during December and January. Poor snake thought that it was spring, along with our daffodils which started to sprout in January.

I felt bad for the fellow who found the snake as well. If I had come across an 8 foot long snake while "doing my rounds" at the park, I would have freaked. How do you know that the snake aint just playing dead, or taking a nap. That snake is going to be pissed off when he thaws out and finds himself in some stupid glass display, eating lab mice all the time.

No comments: