Thursday, June 05, 2008

Wedding Bells

Kent and I traveled to northern Idaho this past weekend to celebrate the wedding of Kara and Ethan. We had a fabulous time. The weather was perfect, and the family and friends that were gathered indulged in wonderful food and good times.

The wedding was held in their yard, with the flowers blooming and the sunshine dappled hills creating delightful background. The ceremony was short and sweet with some mingling at the end. The reception was held in a park, just ripe for the spontaneous game of softball or frisbee.

Here is the happy couple framed by the flowers and hills.



The lucky lads gearing up for the walk down the aisle.


Here comes the bride...


We had a blast up there on the "altar". Ethan needed a little help with the words. That's what I am here for.


Ethan's sister, Ann, played music, while her husband, Troy, sang.  They performed a lovely rendition of "When I'm 64" by the Beatles as Kara and Ethen exited the ceremony.  I believe this photo was taken prior to the service.


As I mentioned, there was softball at the reception.  Ethan is on first base and that's his sister who almost made it to the bag before the throw.  This was a contested call, but I think Ann is out.  She had a good hit, but Ethan made the catch in time.  Ann did get on base every other time, I think.  Those Ellsworths can play ball.  Even their Dad was out there on third.  In fact it may have been him who threw it. No mercy here. 


Reed taking a swing.




mmmm cake.  This was awesome cake.  Three layers.  All different flavors.  I thought that the chocolate layer would be my favorite, but I truly enjoyed the vanilla layer with berry filling.  It was so moist.   mmmmm

 Well, that 's all for now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bırak kızın kessin pastayı be adam