Friday, February 27, 2009

Emailing the president

Yep, I did. It's easy. I don't know if he'll get it. But hey, it's out of my hands. You gotta love the internet, where you can access the president of the United States that easy. I used to have to grab a piece of paper and then a pen. Write out carefully (and legibly) what I wanted to say. Stick it in an envelope, find a stamp (who has those anymore) and mail it. I did do this when I was a kid. It was for school, and I am guessing it was Reagan that I wrote to since he was the president for the majority of my school years. I received some sort of White House press pack back. It might still be sitting in the basement of my parents' house. 

The most ironic thing was that when I wrote to Obama in the comment box, Obama comes up as misspelled.  Just like it is here on my blog. Clinton doesn't come up as a misspelling. Of course Bush doesn't, that's a noun. I suppose it will take time for Obama to be added to acceptable words on spell check. I wonder if there is a download for that. 

'Til then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Lo what did you say to the President? Do I want to know? Will the FBI be in your front yard soon or will Kent be nominated for a Cabinet post?

Anonymous said...

Call him by his middle name, Hussein.....