Friday, December 01, 2006

Tis the season...

To go shopping. Now, I'm not a huge shopper but it is that time of year. So, being the eco-conscious individual that I am, I am going to share with you a link to a green gift guide put out by one of my favorite blog sites (Number one on the list will always be me bro. But this is another regular of mine) Treehugger.com. check it out.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/12/green_gift_guid_1.php

Treehugger.com is exactly what it sounds like. A source for articles about sustainability and eco-friendly issues throughout the world.

And since we are on the topic of gift giving. I am going to throw out my (read Lori) own "wish list" for those who desire to bestow me with a gift this season.

1. Nothing. I really don't "need" anything. I have a house over my head, food in the pantry and warm clothes.

So take the money and:
2. Give to your favorite charity. (or mine. www.savethefish.org)

3. Take yourself for a walk. Even if it's cold as bloody h*ll. Do it a few times a week and I am sure you'll get use to it and start to like it. If the people I love are healthy and happy, that is the best gift you can give me.

So maybe you are like my mom and you want me to open up something on christmas morning. So here are a few consumables that I would like.

4. Fair trade chocolate. ummm chocolate. (Jeff is excluded because it might be hard to find this in Italy)

5. Anything under ten bucks that I don't have to dust.

6. Something handmade.

7. A family heirloom or treasure. I don't mind dusting it if it makes me think of people I cherish.

That's about it. If you've read this far, you must really like me. I like you too.

Kent's list:

Canon EOS 30D Digital Camera with 2 GB memory card and lens. So he can take pictures of people he loves.

New muffler for the green machine.

Addition on the house, with new master bedroom and bath.

A clean and organized garage. (could be a party in the making!!!)

Ciao.

No comments: