Thursday, March 15, 2007

This old house

If you read this blog and you know Kent and I, you know that we don't have cable. And living in Athens, if you don't have cable you can only get one station. PBS. So needless to say, we don't watch a lot of TV. But I must say that I am a fan of Antique Roadshow and This Old House. Now I remember watching This Old House as a kid with my dad and brothers. It was cool to see them tear out walls here, and put a new window there. They usually tried to keep the character of the house intact, yet update the mechanics of the house. I respect that. I often wonder what Norm and Bob would think of my old house.

We had an architect stop by recently to give us ideas. His idea; move. Unfortunately, we really like our location, our neighbors, and our yard. Plus, we have been watching the real estate market in the area and nothing impresses us. So my dream is to have Norm (Bob is no longer with the show) come out and take a gander at our place. He would probably say tear it down and build again...oy vay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that hack Norm is still on the show! Bob was the cool one. Also don't move unless it's into the Mayor's mansion!!!


Jefffff