Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Weekend

What a wild and wacky weekend we had in Delaware, Ohio. Phil and Stacey planned a visit to Ohio, so Doug and Gina planned a huge get together with various OU ultimate alumni coming out of the woodwork to attend. Many of them brought their babies along. It was great to see everyone. If you were there, I plan to post pictures on webshots. I'll try to email the link, or post it here. We spent the night we the Breglias along with Tim and Dre, P & S, and Oli. Then we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. We sat around and talked for hours. I usually get antsy just sitting, but the time flew by and my butt didn't even get sore. I guess the stimulating conversation and amazing company distracted my (Lori's) usual ADHD self.

It is awesome to think that we all know each other through ultimate. That one sport brought us together and forged these lasting friendships. And we each have our own unique story on how we even found ultimate. For instance, Roy was looking for Rugby and we practiced right next to them and he thought we looked less intimidating. Right on Roy. Just think, if Roy hadn't come to ultimate, who would get the claw?

I get to thank my brother, Jeff, for introducing me to the sport. He even prepped me with the forehand, so I looked like a pro when I first showed up. Thanks Jeff.

1 comment:

Jeff Gromen said...

Your welcome sis but now your forehand is better than mine. But I still have my lefty backhand. And the thumber that goes so high it brings rain. And....
I guess I have to thank Mike D. at UC who got me on the field from that goofy other Frisbee sport Disc Golf. Did Mike D. ever graduate?

Jeff