Monday, November 19, 2007

Is that my Subconscious Mind?

Hey-Kent here...

Earlier today, I awoke to some strange thoughts and premonitions. I proceeded to not give the thoughts much weight or significance. Until now.

Later, I was at work when I tried to understand what my subconscious brain was attempting to do. I am still not exactly sure, but will share these thoughts with you now.

This morning, my thoughts startled me out of a pleasant slumber. My brain had worked out some extravagant, corporate plan for success. Placed in front of me, by my subconscious mind, was a detailed executive blueprint for a new professional sport league that would piggy back a current established league. My mind raced with ideas, sub-plots, and profit driven motives. It was overwhelming. ...and The PLAN seemed seamless...a date with blue-ribbon destiny. Wow.

As I stumbled around, getting dressed quietly in an effort to not wake my sleeping wife, I tried to imagine this plan of my mind actually stepping into reality. Could this be? Can I make this happen with hard work, big-time networking, and venture capital support?

Every physical step I made took me further into reality, further into the day and real responsibilities. The PLAN, created and coaxed in my creative slumber seemed to slip away the more I thought about the mundane..."what to wear?...do these socks match?....is it cold outside?...do I need gloves?...I'm hungry...what should I eat?.."

I lost it. It's gone. Why did it seem so important. This silly thought. What was it. It had me in it's grip, but then it disappeared. But why. It seemed so brilliant. It seemed so air-tight.

Then somewhere around noon, The PLAN revisited my conscious mind. I was in the now, the moment, the Zone, eclipsed with thoughts of extravagance and success. I thought, "My goodness, I must share this with someone now, or it will be lost forever!"

No comments: