Monday, November 12, 2007

Owen L. Interview

Your name: Owen

Your occupation; Librarian/web developer

Name one life goal: I'm not much for life goals. I'm off goals since my earliest one never
panned out, i.e. astronaut. I'm in favor of being where I want to be, with the people I want to be with, doing something that keeps me interested. And if that doesn't pan out, First Man on Mars.

If i could be a star wars character i would be...: Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but Han Solo, hands down. I'm a Han Solo kind of guy since a brief Luke Skywalker period in 1978. That is to say, I would be Han Solo if I could, because I'm not like Han Solo in any way shape or form. No, I take that back--I do have brown hair.

Sure, I could have said Darth Maul, but he got cut in half, right? He looks like a bad-ass with that fancy light saber, but when it comes down to it, it doesn't do you any good to have a double edged light saber when you're at the bottom of a Lucasfilm Patented Industrial Shaft(tm) using your own feet as a pillow. Jango Fett? Decapitated, anticlimactically. Boba Fett? Digested, anticlimactically. I figure Han's the only one who made it out of Star Wars with any street cred left.

Pet peeve:
People who drone on and on about Star Wars.

List 2 bad habits you have and which one would you give up first.

The internet and Dr. Pepper. The first one's a toughie, because it's also my livelihood. But it's also my biggest time-waster. It's too easy to get lost on the internet instead of doing something productive. Hence, here I am. I'm going to have to vote Dr. Pepper, on the assumption that no one has actually scheduled an intervention.

Do you give your pets birthday or christmas presents?
The dog maybe gets a bone. The cats, no (sorry gals). The cats would mostly just like to be left alone anyway, and the dog is going to get her Christmas cheer in the form of foil-wrapped chocolate that she will steal or have fed to her by a small child. Thank goodness for cheap holiday chocolate that doesn't actually have enough chocolate in it to hurt my food-stealing dog.

Shameless website plus: The Little Czech Primer!

Thanks Owen. You are a good sport.

No comments: