Sunday, November 25, 2007

On the road...home

Hello to all of you out there in cyber-land...your host Kent is here to spread the gospel...

We were successful in our return trip home from Edisto, SC. We had been visiting with my parents, Uncle Jim & Linda, and my In-Laws, the Gromens. Fortunately we enjoyed each others company, or at least did a good job acting like we did. It was a nice Thanksgiving weekend. I savored the time with family, catching up, swapping stories and watching football. Overall, the weather was pleasant, warmer than in Ohio undoubtedly. We were able to walk along the beach, bird watch, eat good seafood, attend a parade, play golf, run and yuck it up with the locals.

On the road during our trip home, I tried to break the sound-barrier, but fell short and hovered around 110 mph most of the way home. (ok, I'm kidding). However, I shared with Lori about my plan to get a large LCD screen/monitor bolted to my car door...with the capability of texting messages to it that the passengers and drivers of other vehicles can read. I would also like to place another large LCD screen on my hood or front bumper. The messages would kindly inform others of their inferior driving skills and poor decision making. For example, as I pull up next to someone who has chosen to drive a crummy, measly 5 mph over the speed limit in the fast lane, I would like to notify them of the fact that they have chosen the wrong lane...and it would behoove them to return to the slow lane. That way, a more decisive driver, like myself, who has determined to definitely drive more assertively, can do so unencumbered.

Other messages might signify my gratitude to those for their kind acts and acknowledgment of thanks for their proper driving etiquette. I think that all of us would welcome a little praise or thank you in the form of a brightly flashing red LCD message upon letting someone in to a lane or through busy traffic.

Sometimes, simplicity is best. I like the following messages, and think that you might find yourself using them too.

Check these out:




MOVE OVER !



QUIT BRAKING for NO REASON



DRIVE FASTER



Hey JACK-ASS (Phil P's favorite)



What are you doing?



...so there you have it. If you can think of a few others, feel free to leave them in the comment section. Enjoy! Take care, and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how about " GET OFF YOUR PHONE AND DRIVE MORON!" or are you one of these Kent? hehe

Owen said...

Like this?