Friday, November 23, 2007

What's happening

Here is a picture of our dinner plate setting for our meal yesterday. Very festive.
We went to Savannah today. It was beautiful weather, sunny and about 60. Kent and I walked around town while the Butlers and the Gromens went to Mrs. Wilkes, a famous restaurant in these parts. The architecture is amazing. Lots of iron works and big
brick homes. The river front is booming with restaurants and shops. We witnessed Santa arrive on a steamship. So much for the reindeer. Savannah has a lot of character and I highly recommend it. I think I could spend some time here.
This is Forsythe Park.
This is the Mercer Williams house where "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" took place and was filmed. We talked to some locals who were around during the filming. I have to read the book again to refresh my mind about the story. Or I could rent the movie that might take less time.

No comments: